Friday, August 22, 2008

Camping 2008

We just got back from our camping trip to the Uintah mountains with Cole's family. I forget how fun and relaxing it is until we get up there. We found the most beautiful campsite that looked right over a meadow with a river running through it. It was literally picture perfect.

We got up there early enough to go on some four wheeler rides, do a little fishing and scope out the forest with our BB guns. I'm usually a baby when it comes to this kind of stuff, but this year I was all for it. I really did have a blast following Cole around doing all sorts of totally "ungirly" things.


Proof that I actually did it. All by myself. :

Us being super tough with our super powerful BB guns...ok me being tough.

The second day, we got up and had yummy breakfast ( I seriously LoVe campfire food) and then me and Sasha went on a run (mountain running sucks.) and then Cole and his dad came to pick me up and we hiked to the gorgeous Bridger Lake. I was determined to catch at least one fish that day because I only had a one day pass for fishing and I have never caught a fish in my lifetime.

For the first couple hours we didn't catch one thing. I was really starting to get frustrated and then all the sudden Cole and his dad started catching one right after the other.

Within about 20 minutes, those two had caught almost 10 fish. It was seriously crazy and so fun (except the actual fish part...they scare the crap out of me)

And then FiNaLLy...

I caught my fish. Who cares if it was only 4 inches long? Not me! (trust me, the picture is deceiving it was really tiny)

Cole doing what I refused to do. yuck.

We had such a good, fun, relaxing trip and came back with some pretty wicked sunburns. It is so nice to get away and enjoy nature, I wish we could get up there more often. I give camping a pretty bad rap most of the time, but it really should be an essential summer activity. Perfect way to close the summer!

5 comments:

Brian and Amber said...

ooh I love camping! Good job on the fishing...I am so proud! Yeah I don't clean the fishes either, yuck!

Baird Family said...

Fun pictures! I love that you are holding your fish as FAR away as possible.

Baird Family said...

Fun pictures! I love that you are holding your fish as FAR away as possible.

Karlee said...

I'm so proud of you Maddi! You did do all sorts of ungirly things, and you did them well :) We love the Uintah's. We usually go up every year but didn't get to this year! Isn't it beautiful up there?

Sherie said...

Looks like camping was lots of fun! I absolutely love camping! I'd do it every weekend if I could! And Cole, I LOVED the singing in the previous post! Thanks for the entertainment! You guys do such fun things!!